The first Yetti fish house was released into the market under the premise “Create Your Own Legend”
Available in 6.5’ x 12’ and 6.5’ x 16’ shells with 13 colors to choose from.
- Double rear doors were standard on all houses.
The first Yetti’s were manufactured with quality in mind; many of these foundational premises are still used today including:
- All aluminum welded construction
- Seamless roof system
- Easy crank wheel assemblies
- Insulated walls and ceilings.
In addition to shells, customers could also purchase basic add-ons for their house, including furnaces, a gas range with cooktop, catch cover accessories, basic lighting, and a safety package.
These basic shells gave customers the opportunity to “Create Your Own Legend”, a concept which has grown over the years to a customized finished house.
Yetti launched the 8’ x 16’ model.
- After seeing success in 6.5’ models, Yetti expanded manufacturing to include an 8’ x 16’ shell.
- This size has since become one of the most popular sizes.
- Aluminum rims become standard on all houses.
Yetti released their first hydraulic house
- The first hydraulic house was an 8’x21’ with remote control raise and lower.
- House raises or lowers in 15 seconds, 30 seconds total.
- 9 finished models were released in addition to the previous shells only offering. This was the start of a multi-year partnership between Yetti Fish House and Nelson Industries of St. Croix Falls, WI.
- Finished models included some of the same staples still offered today included the Yetti embroidered sofa’s and cedar tongue and groove finishing.
Two new size offerings were added to the Yetti lineup, 6.5’ x 14’ and 8’ x 21’.
- 6 different sizes were available with 25 layouts, plus shells.
- Key interior features introduced were the sound package, ambient interior lighting, engraved Yetti light-up sign; all features still offered today.
Next Generation Yetti
In 2017, after years of research and listening to customer feedback the next generation of Yetti Fish House was unveiled with the tagline Bigger, Lighter, Stronger.
Models were organized into 4 different categories based on customer usage to simplify the buying process.
- Angler Edition – Built for ice fishing
- Grand Escape Edition – Built for all seasons
- Traxx Edition – Built for toy hauling
- Shells & Custom – Built your way
New sizes: 8’x17’ SAH, 8’x17’ TAH
Business expands, again!
In the fall of 2019, Voyager Industries purchased Black Line Conversions in Pine River, MN. Prior to this Black Line operated as a finishing vendor for Yetti. Following the purchase ground broke on a new 25,000 sq. ft. facility and warehouse.