Kid-Friendly Entertainment & Activities To Do On The Ice
This winter is a great time to introduce your family and kids to ice fishing! Not only is it a great opportunity to get the family out there learning the sport but it’s a nice time to catch up after a long week and have quality time together. We have seen many families out enjoying the sport together over the years and love receiving photos and stories from our Yetti Fish House and Ice fishing families!
We have gathered up some of these stories and photos to share with you now and in future blog posts, and we look forward to sharing these with you! Below we have listed some activities that you can easily do with your littles once you are out on the ice.
Fishing Electronics and Gear
- Minnow bucket and scoop Pro Tip: Bring extra minnows
- Fish with a combination of tip-ups and rattle reels. It’s hard to beat the excitement of running to a tip-up!
- Underwater Camera. Teach how electronics such as a Marcom work – it’s just like a video game!
- An extra fishing rod rigged up for practice is great when fishing is slow
More Fun Ideas
- Coloring books, storybooks, flashcards, craft projects, board games – Going classic here!
- Toys, Toys, Toys. Pro Tip: Setting up a kid-friendly area in the house
- Snow toys, sleds, football. Getting out of the house and out on the lake can be a great time to get out and burn off some energy
- Summer sand toys – shovel, bucket, and sandcastle toys to play in the snow
- Fishing Apps loaded on children’s devices, audible books
Of course, at the end of a long day running around outside, lots of games, and laughs, it’s time to cuddle up, and enjoy a family movie night!
Do you have suggestions to make fishing more fun for kids? Please send us your tips and tricks via Facebook Messenger